Lang, Richert & Patch is happy to announce the establishment of the Frank H. Lang Merit Scholarship. Awarded annually, the Scholarship is a grant of $1,000.00 towards payment of law school tuition.
Open to current and incoming law students who will be enrolled full or part-time during the 2015-2016 academic year. Students who will graduate by June 1, 2015 are not eligible to apply. Eligibility is limited to those who graduated from a high school in one of the following California counties: Kern, Tulare, Fresno, Kings, Madera, Merced, Mariposa, Stanislaus, San Joaquin, Tuolumne, or Calaveras.
Qualifications for the Scholarship
The scholarship is awarded solely on merit, not need. The firm’s published philosophy states, “We place the interests of our clients before our own, represent clients within the law, and avoid even the appearance of impropriety in every engagement.” Frank H. Lang, a Martindale Hubbell “AV Rated Preeminent” attorney in whose name the scholarship is made, embodies this philosophy and added significant luster to the practice of law in the Central Valley. The scholarship will be awarded to the applicant most likely to achieve the same high standards as the scholarship’s namesake.
Filing date is open, we are accepting applications until May 1, 2015.
Application Process & Documentation
Interested candidates should complete the online application form. In addition, the candidate will be prompted during the online application process to submit the following documentation as PDF attachments:
- A resume including law school GPA (if applicable);
- A law school transcript (or copy of LAST score if the applicant is an incoming 1L);
- A college transcript (if the applicant is an incoming 1L);
- A 1-2 page personal statement explaining why the applicant has chosen to attend law school and their ties to the Central Valley (12 point Times New Roman font, double spaced with standard margins); and
- A list of three references, including names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers.
Applicants are encouraged to provide other documents in support of their application. For example, a copy of the applicant’s law school application, authored publications, or other materials demonstrating merit. Questions may be directed to Ana de Alba or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.